Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Shockbound Publishing Part III


I am playing with a few different color combinations. I made slight changes to the way the pages of the book lay (thanks Jen). I also enlarged the book to tie text in with the logo more. This now creates more of a seal. I also made changes to the lightning bolts. The two outer bolts are now identical (but reversed) creating a subtle arrow pointing to the binding of the book. I know a downward direction is not normally a good idea, but I feel it's appropriate in this circumstance. (It's pointing to the binding [shockBOUND] and also keeps the attention inside the logo when otherwise the bolts shoot your eye OUT of the logo). This also made the logo feel more balanced and less unsettling. As always, I appreciate your comments and help. Thanks!

I am showing the old version first and then the rest are the new version just with different color schemes. I am leaning towards the last one (or keeping the blue and green colors). Let me know what you think.





4 comments:

  1. I like the changes you made to the book and the bolts, yet I really like the green and blue better than the other color options here. It's lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bolts. Still like the blue and green. I'm attached to the old book! Why, why, why am I attached to the old book!!?!??!?!? It looks great Curtis. Nice job. I can't get over the old book though. I like the white space, I liked allowing my mind to fill in the seal. Maybe it's just me. You should ask Ashley and Jenise. They always have great advice. I may have just grown attached to it too early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what? It's hierarchy. The small book logo has better hierarchy. Everything is the same size in the large book one. At least I think that's why I'm attached : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know. I might like the bigger book now...

    ReplyDelete